Shout-out to gorgeous customer Ali, whose ring order enabled me to make a $25 donation to Access Reproductive Care – Southeast today!
Like I said yesterday, all people deserve freedom, choice, and sovereignty over their own bodies, and that includes abortion on demand for anyone who has a uterus. Ali was the first to person to take me up on my offer to donate a portion of the proceeds of any sale over $100 to the customer’s choice of the following organizations:
- Planned Parenthood
- The National Network of Abortion Funds
- Access Reproductive Care – Southeast
- The Yellowhammer Fund
- Emerge Alabama
- Georgia’s Win List
My offer is good through June 22, 2019, and applies to any in-stock Wendy Brandes jewelry, whether you shop my website or on 1stdibs.com. I haven’t settled on a particular percentage of the proceeds, because I want to do as much as I can, but some designs have tighter margins than others. So feel free to inquire about a purchase in advance and I will tell you the exact amount I will donate — whether that is $10 or over $1,000. I will also make the donation in your name so you get a confirmation from the organization. I always do that so the customer knows it’s real! Email me at info at wendybrandes dot com with any questions.
I’ve got some other shopping ideas for you too. You have through Friday, May 24, to buy an awesome liquid lipstick from the always highlarious and philanthropic Lipslut and have 100% of the proceeds go to reproductive-rights organizations. As you can see, I’ve become very dedicated to this small brand.
Here are some other retail-therapy ideas.
- The ACLU’s Abortion Access for All t-shirt in yellow for $25.
- “I Stand With Planned Parenthood” t-shirt in hot pink, grey, or white for $20.
- “We Fund Abortion” t-shirts in purple from the National Network of Abortion Funds for $25.
- These amazing disco-worthy purple “Fund Abortion/Build Power” statement earrings, also from the National Network of Abortion Funds, for $35. (I don’t even wear jewelry that’s not my own design and I think I have to get these!)
Finally, I’m hoping NARAL restocks this t-shirt.
The small, medium, and large sizes are sold out but for the moment, all the XL size options are available!