In case you missed it, here’s what’s been on the blog recently.
- Thursday, May 31: This was the first day of the Couture jewelry trade show (the reason my blogging has been far less prolific than usual). I got a mention in WWD as one of the designers new to Couture.
- Friday, June 1: One of my friends has a rare gift for digging up old, entertaining tweets, so I was like, “Do me! Do me!”
- Monday, June 4: Photos from my successful Couture show, and a review of my Concierge program for retailers.
- Tuesday, June 5: Thoughts on death of Kate Spade. I decided not to write about the death of Anthony Bourdain shortly after Spade’s death because I felt like I’d said as much as I wanted to say about the topic for the moment. I’m considering a future post.
- Thursday, June 7: Sex and the City, the television show, started airing 20 years ago. But my heart belongs to the less-beloved Sex and the City 2 movie because Kim Cattrall wore my Cleopatra earrings and I was totally verklempt about it. I’m also verklempt that Kim liked my tweet about the earrings!
- Friday, June 8: My Jewel of the Month for June 2018 is a medallion with mirror writing and a black diamond cut into the shape of a skull. I’m pretty sure that sentence has never been used to describe a piece of jewelry before.
- Monday, June 11: My almost-husband Paul McCartney visited his childhood home in Liverpool for the first time since the 1960s.
- Tuesday, June 12: I invited everyone to a workshop on Politics 101 later that week and I hope some of you took me up on it, because it was stellar! Thanks again to our inspiring speaker, Ben Yee, Secretary of the New York County Democratic Party. People like him give me great hope for the future.
- Thursday, June 14: Post-Couture I’m getting back to doing weekly videos, and I’m kicking that off with my right-hand woman Eryn being in front of the camera for a change.