In case you missed it, here’s what was on the blog this week.
- Monday, December 18: If you don’t get the jewelry of your dreams this holiday season, go to Steve Quick Jeweler in Chicago and treat yourself to my 18K gold Agrippina poison ring. It’s the only one of that style that I have available now, and it’s the third of a limited series of five. Don’t you deserve something as special as you are?
- Tuesday, December 19: Need some lighthearted movie fun? Check out the new Jumanji movie. We laughed our heads off. Like, literally, we are headless.
- Wednesday, December 20: Slow fashion is my passion, and thanks to that, I wound up on Inside Edition in November. Here’s my video about my 15 seconds of fame.
- Thursday, December 21: I’m delighted to announce my new collaboration with ANZA Gems. ANZA PURE x Wendy Brandes features stunning rough gemstones sourced from Kenya and Tanzania. Prices start at $345, and 10% of the retail price goes back to educational efforts in the gem-mining communities of east Africa.
- Friday, December 22: A summary of recent press, plus a few more words on how my new Concierge Service — available only to select retailers — allows customers to try on Wendy Brandes Jewelry at their favorite local jewelry stores.
- Saturday, December 23: It’s my birthday and I’ll gif if I want to. It’s a privilege to age and I hope to make the most of it by striving to be a better person every day! That said, while I’m working on myself, no one’s going to do bad business with me without being exposed to the world. I can fight for myself, but a lot of other people — especially women — aren’t in a position to do that, so I’m determined to shine a light on any users and abusers I encounter.
2018 is the year I expose everyone who is unethical in their business dealings with me, in real time. Just FYI. Not keeping your dirty secrets anymore for fear of "burning bridges." Act like a professional or the world will know. Cheers! ???
— Wendy Brandes (@WendyBrandes) December 24, 2017
Over on Instagram, I shared a fun little video of the Agrippina poison ring in action.
Our customers find all sorts of ways to use our locket-style rings — whether that’s adding a note or photo of a loved one, a solid perfume, or keeping it just as is, with nothing but potential inside! Now through Christmas, you can find this stunning piece at @stevequickjeweler. Give them a call to reserve your next #futureheirloom, whether that’s this ring, or any other piece in our collection. #wendybrandesconcierge #finejewelryforwittypeople #stockingstuffers #hintingseason⠀ -⠀ -⠀ -⠀ #jewelry #giftguide #chicago #showmeyourrings #shopping #retail #forher #jewellery #finejewelry #stockingstuffer #designer #oneofakind #limitededition #exclusive #lovegold #gold #collectors #artjewelry #collection #collectible #finejewelry #diamonds #golden #window #display #hautejoaillerie
There’s also some beautiful photos of my new ANZA PURE designs.
Talk about the candy-colored #stockingstuffers of your dreams! The ANZA PURE collection was debuted yesterday, in collaboration with yours truly. We are thrilled to be working with ANZA on an accessible line of rough-set jewelry that is handmade in NYC. We’ve had a #girlcrush on Monica of @idazzle for a long time — not only is she a phenomenal writer, she sees the need for change and she goes for it. She started @anzagems because she wanted to create an ethical, transparent journey from mine to design. Not only do you learn exactly where your gem came from, she gives back 10% of the proceeds to the mining communities for education and necessary resources. #ANZAPURE #gemsforchange #anzagems – – – – #eastafrica #rough #roughgemstone #tanzania #kenya #giveback #jewelry #jewellery #madeinnyc #madeinnewyork #newcollection #debut #spinel #garnet #giftguide #earrings #earring #studs
Speaking of my work with ANZA Gems, founder Monica Stephenson took to Instagram to share a collage of the award-winning three-stone ring I made for her original collection. It shows the stones as rough and unshaped; then as faceted, loose gemstones; and finally set into my ring design. What’s really striking to me is how vivid the color of the stones were right out of the ground!
Oooh! #transformationtuesday has never looked more festive! Yet again, we are astounded by the journey of our ANZA gemstones. We knew @ptgems had faceted some very special custom cut gemstones, so we will admit we were a little leary when @wendybrandesjewelry wanted to use three of them in a single piece. But it's Wendy, so we embraced her following her vision. Our lesson? Always trust our designers! They are visionary artists. Wendy slayed it with this piece. We're super excited about a new ANZA x Wendy Brandes Jewelry project launching soon! Stay tuned! #inwendywetrust #gemsforchange #giftsthatgiveback #liveincolor #designerjewelry #oneofakind #statementpiece #bebold #gemstones #gemstonejewelry #grossulargarnet #spessartite #spessartine #spinel #diamonds #gold #ptgems #wendybrandes #tanzania #kenya #journeyofagem
You can shop for ANZA Gems designs by me and other great U.S. designers here.