Admittedly, I’m biased, but I think I have the best Easter egg evah (apologies to Faberge and the Russian royal family, but mine is wearable).
My egg locket is made out of 18K yellow gold and it has a surprise inside. Look at the silver hen with her diamond eye!
But why stop with one surprise, when you can have two surprises? The hen opens up to reveal three tiny gold eggs.
This design wasn’t inspired by Faberge — maker of the most famous jeweled eggs — but by a piece I saw in the Danish royal treasury. Some people think that the Danish-owned egg, which was made in Paris in the 1700s, actually inspired Faberge.
I’m wearing the necklace in this photo from 2014.
For a small piece, it really stands out, doesn’t it?
Hope you’re having a delightful Easter weekend, and that you haven’t eaten as many extra-large Peeps as I have.
In case you missed it, here’s what was on the blog this week.
- Monday: Please vote for my jewelry in the InDesign awards. I’m entered in four categories.
- Tuesday: I am an expert when it comes to redesigning old jewelry. Even engagement rings!
- Wednesday: Wearing a dress that I first wore in 2004.
- Thursday: I’ve decided to wear my vintage dollar dress again, as soon as an opportunity arises.
- Friday: I have one pair of silver bunny studs for immediate delivery and they’re cute enough to wear all year long! No need to save them for Easter.
And on Instagram, I walked you through my four nominees for the InDesign Awards. I also re-shared this photo of a lariat/Y-necklace/bikini necklace that I first introduced last summer.
#tbt my new arrowhead thread earrings are part of an arrowhead collection started last year with this arrowhead lariat. Click the link in the bio to shop the earrings! #throwbackthursday #throwback #lariat #lariatnecklace #ynecklace #necklaces #bikininecklace #seksi #selfie #arrowheads #arrowheadjewelry #clickmybiolink
According to Refinery29, lariats are all the rage now! If you want a custom lariat that looks like your beloved pet, holla at me at info at wendybrandes dot com. Here’s my test subject: my own FitzRoy the cat in 18K yellow gold, orange sapphires and opal.
You can also buy my platinum arrowhead lariat here.