Texas senator Wendy Davis stood and spoke for nearly 11 hours on Tuesday — a filibuster that derailed an effort to pass a harsh anti-abortion bill in the state senate. During the filibuster, she couldn’t eat, sit or even lean, so she wore pink Mizuno Wave Rider 16 sneakers for comfort. Because my name is Wendy and I’ve written about sneakers in the past, I’ve been getting blog visitors who are searching for the other Wendy’s sneakers, so this is the information you’re looking for! (I like to help out.) If you want to buy the sneakers — and you would like to have a laugh at the same time — go to Amazon.com and check out the witty reviews before you make your purchase.
Davis married as a teenager, quickly divorced and wound up as a single mother. She put herself through college and ultimately graduated from Harvard Law School. Another Texas woman who married as a teen, divorced and wound up a single mother was model Anna Nicole Smith. She went to Playboy instead of college, married a billionaire 62 years her senior, got on drugs and reality television, then died tragically young. I missed the Lifetime movie about Anna Nicole that aired last night. It got some awful reviews but I want to see it anyway, just because I’m hypnotized by the creepy trailer scored with a slowed-down version of the song “Fame.”
If you’re freaked out by the vision of actress Agnes Bruckner as Anna Nicole in clown makeup, you’ll need a therapist appointment after you watch the clown-makeup footage of the real Anna Nicole. View at your own risk!
In other news, here’s what has been on the blog for the past two weeks:
- Monday, June 17: I did an Andy Warhol-themed interview with Christie’s.
- Tuesday, June 18: My favorite hairstyles.
- Wednesday, June 19: My Cindy Brady moment. At least I was wearing Prada.
- Thursday, June 20: A tribute to actor James Gandolfini.
- Friday, June 21: A story worth reading. I swear.
- Saturday, June 22: Karen is batty for her Wendy Brandes necklace.
- Sunday, June 23: 26 years ago, I was at a Duran Duran concert.
- Monday, June 24: I got a new Castelbajac dress in Paris.
- Tuesday, June 25: Paris day trip #1 to Chantilly.
- Wednesday, June 26: Paris day trip #2 to Chartres.
- Thursday, June 27: James Gandolfini’s funeral was held. And I found rainbow pins from the 1980s.
- Friday, June 28: Alec Baldwin has another violent outburst.
- Saturday, June 29: Amanda is the customer of the day.
UPDATED TO ADD: The “Fame” cover is by Amy Gerhatz and it should be on iTunes soon.