Whoa! I haven’t done a “week in review” post in nearly a month! My big posts since then were the ones I did this week about my travels in Europe in July:
- We started off in Liverpool, indulging my love for the Beatles.
- After that, we went to London where, during a whirlwind stay, we saw Eminem at Wembley.
- We ended up in Greece, where friends showed us the time of our lives.
My three favorite Leos celebrated their birthdays this week:
- My gorgeous sister celebrated hers this Thursday.
- MrB celebrated his on Friday.
- Madonna’s birthday was Saturday.
And, as we all know, comedian Robin Williams died this week. I reiterated some of my previous observations about depression:
And here’s what else was on the blog since the last round-up post, from oldest to newest.
- Monday, July 21: A favorite Versace dress, worn in 2008 and 2014.
- Tuesday, July 22: Our 13th wedding anniversary.
- Wednesday, July 23: My seventh blogversary.
- Thursday, July 24: One gold dress worn in three different years.
- Friday, July 25: Rejected emojis.
- Sunday, July 27: Introducing Purrkoy the kitten.
- Monday, July 28: Gold-plated emoji earrings are now available at Nylon.
- Tuesday, July 29: My middle finger emoji single stud earring was featured in the New York Post.
- Wednesday, July 30: Wearing vintage Ossie Clark and lots of gold chains for a jewelry gala.
- Thursday, July 31: Stud and single earrings are big trends.
- Friday, August 1: I forgot to wear a pink wig to the Katy Perry concert.
- Saturday, August 2: People really do buy fine jewelry online.
- Sunday, August 3: This one about Pamela Courson’s mother is for Doors fanatics.
- Monday, August 4: The Jewel of the Month is literally “literally.”
- Tuesday, August 5: Sometimes it’s nice to overdress.
- Wednesday, August 6: Take a seat, Lil’ Kim. Nicki Minaj is copying RuPaul, Faye Dunaway and Joan Crawford.
- Thursday, August 7: A vintage Marie France dress in 2006 and 2014.
- Saturday, August 9: Designer Charles James had some smart things to say about popular taste.
- Sunday, August 10: Because my designs are often inspired by mourning jewelry, I’m excited for the October mourning attire exhibit at the Costume Institute.
Also last month, I was taking pre-orders on Kickstarter to produce more of my sterling-silver Chicken on Nest necklaces. People were disappointed when I sold out of those last December, so, even though I had been planning to discontinue the design, I wanted to see if it was possible to do a few more for customers who had missed out. However, I didn’t get the minimum number of orders I needed, so that design is now retired. A few people asked me if I could have done it closer to the holidays, when gift money would be burning holes in their pockets, but I had to allow eight to 10 weeks for manufacturing, so it is what it is! I have many other great new designs coming up, including whole new collections that are in the works, so you’ll have plenty of fun shopping options in December.
For you big spenders, the limited-edition, 18K-gold Chicken in Egg locket is still available!