In case you missed it, here’s what’s been on the blog recently.
- Sunday, October 8: After the revelation that movie producer Harvey Weinstein had sexually harassed and assaulted women for decades, I reflected on a culture that celebrates bosses who are bullies. I also questioned the “every knew” narrative by pointing out that a lot of the old gossip about Weinstein maligned the reputation of the women connected to him far more than it exposed him as an abuser.
- Monday, October 9: October has two birthstones, opal and tourmaline. I’ve got several beautiful tourmaline designs available for immediate delivery.
- Tuesday, October 10: Going back to serious subjects, I revisited the Weinstein story, delving deeper into the misogynistic rumors that circulated around actresses linked to him, which helped obscure what was really going on by claiming relationships were consensual. Actress Gretchen Mol — the subject of a notorious Weinstein gossip “blind item” from 2009 — was forced this week to explicitly deny the long-circulating rumor that she willingly slept with the producer for roles. (By the end of the week, there was a new blind item saying Mol was lying about her denial, showing how hard it is for a woman to escape from malicious story-telling.)
- Wednesday, October 11: For this week’s YouTube video, I tipsily talked to my friend Syl Tang about her new book, Disrobed.
- Saturday, October 14: I love it when you tag your Wendy Brandes Jewelry on Instagram! Follow my business IG here.
I occasionally do sneak peeks of new designs on the Wendy Brandes Jewelry Instagram account, but this week I was extra sneaky and put a picture of a new necklace on my personal account.
I’m not ready to reveal more about that gorgeous garnet necklace, except to say that it will be part of an interesting new collection.
You might also like
That sneaky green garnet necklace is gorgeous.
Isn’t the stone beautiful??
Absolutely! It’s a stunner. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a green garnet IRL
Stay tuned for more!