The last time I did a holiday/birthday wish list — at my right-hand woman Eryn’s behest — was in 2014. That one was inspired by Gwen Stefani’s 2005 video for “Cool.” Looking back at the list, I am struck by a bad case of non-buyer’s remorse: I still yearn for that Junya Watanabe denim skirt!
I didn’t go on the luxurious Italian vacation either, now that I think of it!
When Eryn asked for this year’s wish list, I had a much more serious theme in mind. I’m planning to attend the Women’s March on Washington on January 21 so my list is all about preparing for crowds, cold weather, and representing #NASTY women everywhere.
- This long-sleeve “I Know My Rights” t-shirt is available from the ACLU. It’s a good layering item and reminder of why we are marching.
- I’ve got to wear my own Beyoncé-inspired SLAY earrings. They’re on my website in silver, but now I’m thinking I should whip up a pair in 18K gold.
- At a New York protest last month, someone gave me a copy of the Constitution, so I’m going to buy a bundle from the ACLU to pay it forward while in Washington.
- These socks not only tell us what we already know, “WILD WOMEN WIN,” but our friends over at the Outrage are donating 15% of each purchase to the U.N. Women’s fund.
- Being a gold-obsessed jewelry designer, I’m tempted by these limited-edition, gold-trimmed Timberland boots. They’re waterproof, too.
- An all-day march in January calls for a warm coat — I’ve been contemplating Canada Goose.
- Of course, I’ll have my NASTY necklace on. Sterling silver is pictured here, but the 18K yellow gold NASTY necklace is now on the website too. (Both the silver and gold necklaces include a donation to Planned Parenthood in the buyer’s honor.)
Stay tuned for Eryn’s wish list, coming next week.