In case you missed it, here’s what was on the blog this week.
- Monday, September 11: Children who lost parents in the 9/11 attacks are working on a documentary. You can contribute to the funding.
- Tuesday, September 12: It was Democratic primary day in New York. A whopping 15% of registered voters turned out. Pathetic. If you don’t vote, don’t come crying to me with your political complaints. I don’t care if you justify yourself with a dissertation about how the system is inherently unfair, complete with footnotes. In any context, I can’t tolerate people who can find hours to run their mouths, but who won’t take five minutes to act. Stop wasting my time.
- Tuesday, September 12: In cheerier news, I’ll be speaking on jewelry panels in New York and Portland.
- Wednesday, September 13: Diamonds are hard. Pearls are not. Guess which gem I recommend for engagement rings? Actually, no need to guess. I’ll tell you!
- Thursday, September 14: Finally getting around to blogging about my June trip to Europe. There’s a fantastic jewelry exhibit in Paris that continues through early November.
- Friday, September 15: After Paris, we made a stop in Bonn, Germany, and then went to Vienna, where I researched Empress Elisabeth, aka Sisi.
- Saturday, September 16: Two outfits from Vienna.
Over on Instagram, I have everything from a 33-carat blue topaz …
Playing with a 33-carat blue #topaz on a Wednesday. Casual. Who's looking into this gorgeous blue pool and seeing their next custom ring? ??? – – – #topaz #gem #gemsoftheday #carat #bluetopaz #ovalcut #gemstone #gems #jewel #jewelry #finejewelry #giantrock #madeinnyc #ocean #inspo #inspiration #ring #custom #customjewelry #video #instavideo #views #100 #100views
… to bags of diamonds, rubies, and garnets measuring 1 millimeter.
Maybe I should throw all of these into one massive design!