The New York Times Magazine this weekend has a fascinating story on one man’s search for information on two female blues singers of the 1930s: Elvie Thomas and Geeshie Wiley. There are fewer than 10 surviving copies of their three known record releases and you can hear one of the songs on the New York Times website.
In case you missed anything on the blog this week, here is the list of my posts. There are a couple of long ones!
- Monday: I irritated Gloria Steinem and went to a Miley Cyrus concert all in one day.
- Tuesday: Memories of Kurt Cobain and thoughts about Peaches Geldof.
- Wednesday: Just links to Monday’s and Tuesday’s posts!
- Thursday: I shared a dress style with a Law & Order character in 2002.
- Friday: I’ve been spending a lot of time at Shade 45 with Gangsta Boo.