In case you missed it, here’s what was on the blog in the past two weeks.
- Monday, May 30: I was on my way to the big jewelry trade shows in Las Vegas.
- Tuesday, May 31: I still hate a “crisp white shirt.”
- Wednesday, June 1: June has several birthstones, but my favorite is the pearl.
- Thursday, June 2: Remembering past JCK Las Vegas adventures.
- Saturday, June 4: New emojis are coming, but my emoji-inspired jewelry came first!
- Monday, June 6: If I win the lottery, I’m getting these opals.
- Thursday, June 9: Designer Ossie Clark would have been 74 on this day.
- Friday, June 10: Muhammad Ali’s funeral was worthy of The Greatest.
On Friday, I promised some more Ali links. In 1964, when he was still called Cassius Clay, Ali defeated World Heavyweight Champion Sonny Liston and gave a victory speech for the ages, including: “I’m king of the world! I’m pretty! I’m a bad man! I shook up the world! I shook up the world! I shook up the world!”
I meant to do more Ali research, but the horrible shooting of 50 people at the Pulse, a gay nightclub in Orlanda, Fla., has me distracted. So I’ll just end with a link to Ali’s famous refusal to fight in Vietnam.