I was very excited to get the “Superior Scribbler” award from gorgeous blogger Lizzi.
As I read her post, I thought, “Cool, she picked me!” and scrolled down to see the rest of her list. Then I realized I WAS her list. It’s all about ME! Okay, in reality, Lizzi was too tired to think of anyone else. But who cares? I still feel like Sally Field on Oscar night.
My blog is normally a place where tags/awards come when they’re tired and ready to shuffle off this Interweb coil, but I can’t let this honor go unrecognized. Write this day down in your calendars, peeps! The day that I play by the rules. And the rules are:
- Each Superior Scribbler must in turn pass The Award on to 5 most-deserving Bloggy Friends. (About to do it.)
- Each Superior Scribbler must link to the author & the name of the blog from whom he/she has received The Award. (Done.)
- Each Superior Scribbler must display The Award on his/her blog, and link to This Post, which explains The Award. (Yep.)
- Each Blogger who wins The Superior Scribbler Award must visit said post and add his/her name to the Mr. Linky List. That way, we’ll be able to keep up-to-date on everyone who receives This Prestigious Honor! (Did that too. Cool widget!)
My five awardees are:
- La Belette Rouge for being a brilliant, funny writer who takes hours out of her day to give me good advice, which usually includes, “Don’t send that angry email.”
- ENC of Observationmode for the same reasons as Belette.
- Jennine from The Coveted. If all her efforts on behalf of independent fashion bloggers don’t make her as rich as she deserves … well, this award will be pretty poor consolation for that!
- 39th and Broadway, whom I met yesterday at the fabulous Dream Sequins event, for saying something like, “I wish I could be as bitchy as you.” I’m proud to be setting the standards for bitchiness.
- Midtown Girl, whom I also met yesterday, because she’s the cutest cutie-pie that was ever baked. I mean, she’s like a pie baked by whoever it is who would bake cuteness. I don’t mean baked as in high. Not that I drug tested her or anything. Wait, what am I talking about?
UPDATED SEPT. 10 TO ADD: Most days, I live vicariously through myself like the man in the Dos Equis commercial.
Today I’ll make an exception and live vicariously through gorgeous blogger Miss J of Marbella Style, who will be enjoying Madrid’s Fashion’s Night Out. I’m delighted that it was one of my posts that alerted Miss J to the event and beyond flattered by the kind words written about me. Keep it up, Miss J! The check is in the mail.