It’s like Chicago here — you get to vote early and often for moi. After sweeping the big ego and cussin’ categories in the prestigious Drysdale Awards thanks to you gorgeous bitches, I am now a finalist in the Best Fashion Blog category for the 2008 Weblog Awards*.
My competition is tough and it includes my own gorgeous blogging friends Winona of Daddy Likey; Craig of Altamira NYC; and Annie Spandex. There are also fabulous blogs like Manolo and The Sartorialist, but they’re mainstream media now, with their shit in the Washington Post and Vogues across the world. They don’t need your help! I do! I can’t live without your love! I can’t live if living is without you. I can’t live. I can’t give anymore. Harry, for God’s sake, tell them!
There are other reasons to vote for me besides my desperate need for affection. Consider the following:
- I give great acceptance speeches.
- I am the ruler of the planet Houston.
- I will imprint a curse word on your face with my fist if I lose.
- Voting for me means that a blogger can write about her interests other than fashion and still be considered a fashion blogger, which would be a nice “fuck you” to anyone who has told me otherwise.
- If you don’t vote for me, the terrorists win.
- Yes, we can!
- I’m think I’m older than all three of the gorgeous blogger friends mentioned above. If so, I probably have fewer years left and, therefore, fewer opportunities to win a Weblog Award. My competitors are young and will have many more opportunities. In short, I am Jack Palance at the Oscars in 1992 and they are Tommy Lee Jones. Tommy just had to wait a couple of years to get his award. Plus I will be like Jack and do this for you if I win. And yeah, I’ll tape it.
So hop to it! My littlest fan, Danny Devito, is dying to open a celebratory bottle of booze.
Do it for Danny! Click on the box below.
*Special thanks to the shockingly handsome Micgar for nominating me. If George Clooney, Brad Pitt, Charlize Theron and Angelina Jolie all had a baby together, it would be Micgar. That’s how good-looking he is. Seriously, y’all. Don’t look directly at him; it’s like staring into the sun.
UPDATED TO ADD: For those of you who can’t figure out the how to vote: the awards website originally said voting was going to start on Jan. 5, but there’s a countdown on the voting page that says voting will start right about midnight, which I wouldn’t have really described as January 5. Hmmm. So check back tomorrow, I guess! Don’t worry, I’ll remind you.
UPDATED AGAIN TO ADD: The polls are open! Vote for me. A vote for me is a vote for Danny Devito. Show Danny the love.