It’s been a 1990s kind of week! I started out obsessing over PJ Harvey’s 1995 album, To Bring You My Love. Today, I saw #BuffySlays20 trending on Twitter and realized that it’s been exactly 20 years since the premiere of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
I have quite a few pieces of vampire-slayer-worthy jewelry, thanks to my love of Buffy, especially my favorite character, the vampire Spike.
My right-hand woman, Eryn, outdid herself on Instagram with a six-panel post in honor of the anniversary.
The designs in the Instagram post are my silver vampire stake necklace (top left photo, one necklace available); sterling-silver SLAY earrings (top right photo, made to order); the 18K gold Vampire Diana heart ring with removable silver stake (bottom left photo, one ring available); and the silver Vampire Diana heart ring (bottom right photo, sold out).
And, hey, if one of you slayers wants me to add an “E” and “R” to this ring, I will happily do it! Holla at me at info at wendybrandes dot com with any special requests like that.
If you never watched Buffy, I could write a big essay on what made it and its badass heroine so great, but I’m going to show rather than tell by sharing (again) this brilliant mashup comparing Buffy and Twilight.
- An Instagram thank you from Sarah Michelle Gellar (Buffy).
- A fun Instagram post from Michelle Trachtenberg (Dawn).
- David Boreanaz (Angel) was “in the right spot at the right time.”
- Anthony Stewart Head (Giles) reminisces for the Guardian.
- A Newsweek interview with Charisma Carpenter (Cordelia), who originally auditioned to play Buffy.
- A tweet from Alyson Hannigan (Willow) to series creator Joss Whedon.
- A tweet from Nicholas Brendon (Xander).
- The Hollywood Reporter did a mega-interview with 13 of the stars.
- The Buffy cast: Where are they now?
- 7 iconic moments.
- Variety reflects on “The Body” episode.
- Buffy‘s rocky road to air.
- Buffy fashion.