Fashionfillers tagged me to write six random facts about myself. Hopefully I’m not repeating anything I’ve said before.
- I don’t like going to the movies unless I’m convinced I’m going to see something exceptional. (We saw Man on Wire last week and it was exceptional. See it!)
- I’ve seen Madonna at least once during every tour she’s done since 1985. I’m going twice in October.
- The fact that I like Madonna despite her kabbalah-ness doesn’t mean you should talk to me about your cult du jour at cocktail parties. I’m not into mind-control/big-donation/justifying-my-insane-existence organizations run by insurance salesmen and/or aliens. Last year, some dude at a bad party in L.A. was telling me how he was originally into yoga, but then he found kabbalah and it changed his life. It was such a stereotypical L.A. thing to say that I thought he was joking, so I laughed, only to realize he meant it.
- I am so thankful for elevators and air conditioning.
- I schedule a lot of my blog posts ahead of time which is good because…
- … I’m in St. Tropez right now, attending a wedding.
On the way to St. Tropez — view from helicopter
Want to be tagged too? Let me know in the comments.
UPDATED TO ADD: Emily from Ballad of John should consider herself tagged!
UPDATED AGAIN TO ADD: Lavender is now tagged as well.
Helicopter! Nice one!
Sharon Rose says
Ooh lucky you-have a wonderful time!!
St Tropez.. Helicopter…Suddenly I can’t breathe for jealousy. Have a great time and I want to see more photos!
La Belette Rouge says
Le sigh!! Oui to St. Tropez. No to Kabbalah.
Make Do and Mend says
Ah the best lines are left to last – St Tropez hey!
st. tropez looks amazing! and i would love to be tagged.
I’d love to go to a Madonna concert one day…if nothing else, that woman is an amazing entertainer.
Gorgeous photo! I hope you’re having a marvellous time in St. Tropez!
thanks for the comment! and i loove madonna too. i’ve never been to a concert though. that’s what i asked for for my last birthday, but no tickets =/
have fun in october!!!!
Aha – so that’s the helicopter ride you were not looking forward to. I think I’d be less helicopter reticent myself if I was going to St Tropez though!
You are so lucky! But reading about those cults is really, really scary.
fashion herald says
now that’s a wedding location. laughing at the yoga/kabbalah party guy.
Prunella Jones says
Six Reasons to Read Wendy B
her fabulous life
will you adopt me?
Miss A says
SO jealous about St. Tropez! When you have a sec and would like to tag me, I’d love it! Thanks!
Practically Perfect In Every Way says
I saw Tropic Thunder on YOUR recommendation>>> HIGH-LAR-IOUS!!! tom cruise was amazaing (that's not something I've ever said before) he was disgusting, I loved it!
St. Tropez? damn girl, I'm proud of you for breaking out of your shell! Mr. B must be dragging you behind him on his world travels.
-h of candid cool says
u just had to rub in the st tropez with the helicopter shot didnt u…
Prunella, I would adopt you but I am busy trying to get the friends who invited us here to adopt me.
PPIEW, funny you bring up MrB’s travels. This was a classic MrB trip. Left on Thursday, got here Friday, returning Monday. Luckily I am skipping his trip to Missouri where he leaves Wednesday, goes to a meeting Thursday morning and leaves for the airport from the meeting. Whew!
Savvy Mode SG says
lucky gal! have load for fun for the rest of us gals at home.
Travel in true Wendy style. Fab.
I shouldn’t mass with a Madonna fan I say. 😉
i hope i can go to st. tropez one day! i hope you enjoy the wedding! =)
Thanks for your comment. Love your blog. I’d love it if you tagged me.
pistols at dawn says
View from a helicopter? Are you an international spy? If so, you probably can’t tell me, so that question is pretty dumb in retrospect.
Anna Pope says
We’re on the same wavelenght when it comes to number 3!
Diabolina 3.1 says
st. tropez??? please post your outfits.
p.s. I hate people who give L.A. a bad name.
p.p.s I think you’d be the perfect Madonna concert playmate. Well, you and Rupal.
View from helicopter? Great caption – very evocative.