“NOW’S THE TIME. Stop watching the news and getting depressed. Stop asking what you, as just one person, can do. You can do something — SHOW UP. There are more than 500 impeachment eve events THIS TUESDAY — find one, bring a friend, and SHOW UP.”
If you haven’t hit the streets since the Women’s March, today is your chance to get some fresh air and meet new friends while saying that NOBODY IS ABOVE THE LAW — especially the president, because a president who places himself above the law is a dictator. More than 500 Impeach and Remove marches are scheduled all around the country, with most of them starting at 5:30 p.m. local time.
Can’t march because you can’t escape your job or other responsibilities, or you’re not physically able to? That’s fine, because I’ve got other options for you.
- SHARE THE MARCH INFO by social media and email. Here’s the link — all people have to do is enter their zip code to find the closest event.
- CALL YOUR REPRESENTATIVE to say you support impeachment and removal. The right-wing constantly floods their elected officials’ office with calls. We progressives need to step it up. Don’t know your rep? Find them here. If you need to find out your representative’s position on impeachment before calling, click here. Call REGARDLESS of their position. If your Democratic rep is already in favor … great! Call and thank them. If your GOP rep is clearly ready to tear up the Constitution and install a lifetime dictator, call and say that’s un-American. It doesn’t matter if you’re sure you’re not going to change this jackass’s mind. CALL ANYWAY. The number of calls matters.
- CAN’T CALL DURING BUSINESS HOURS? I have a plan for that! Resistbot works 24/7, and enables you write an email to your electeds in less than two minutes. Do it while you’re on the train, while you’re walking the dog, while you’re eating lunch, at 4 a.m., whenever. IT IS ALWAYS THERE!
- By text: Text the word IMPEACH to 50409. Resistbot will tell you where your representative stands and then ask if you want to send a message. Just follow the instructions from there.
- You can also use Resistbot via Twitter, Facebook Messenger, and Telegram.
- Note: Resistbot does require an initial set-up that includes entering your address — that’s the only way to identify who your elected officials are.
Trump isn’t invincible. Why do you think so many Republican congress members are retiring? To spend time with their families? Who really does that? They’re rats abandoning a sinking ship. Meanwhile, Wisconsin and Georgia are scrambling to purge as many as half a million people, combined, from voter registration rolls. When you don’t have the numbers, you cheat. The members of the old (white) boys club are terrified that they’re losing their power as the U.S. population changes, which is why they’re trying so hard to subvert the Constitution and cling to their unearned advantages any way they can. All the while, they’re projecting their fear onto us. Don’t buy into it.
Oh, and if you missed Rep. Eric Salwell’s summary of Trump’s impeachable offenses, here you go.
Wow. This is pretty incredible.
— Qasim Rashid, Esq. (@QasimRashid) December 9, 2019