Next Tuesday, November 6, is Election Day!
In this video, I explain why:
- every vote really does matter;
- you should vote even if you don’t 100% LOVE your choices;
- this is the wrong election to complain that “they’re all the same” because they’re not;
- when you don’t vote, the people who benefit the most are the ones you DISLIKE the most.
If your concern is that you don’t know enough about who is running, you can spend a few minutes on research.
- First, find your ballot at vote411.org or Rock the Vote and read up on candidates and issues.
- Take the kinda fun quiz at ISideWith to find out which candidates align with your beliefs.
- For judicial candidates, check your local bar association sites. They determine whether a judge should be retained or is qualified to be elected. (Thanks for this tip, Helen.)
Now watch the video!
Got questions? I’ll do my best to answer them.
Hey, that’s me!
Also, there are great guides from Votesmart.org, opensecrets.org (sources of donations).
Go forth and vote!
As a refugee who has voted since I received my citizenship, I can’t stress enough how important it is to vote in every election.