In case you missed it, here’s what was on the blog this week.
- Monday, June 5: Music makes the people come together in Manchester and elsewhere.
- Wednesday, June 7: My Queen of Scots snake ring is June’s Jewel of the Month.
- Thursday, June 8: An Instagram account for fans of 1990s supermodels.In my list of great “supes,” I should have included Marpessa Hennink, though she was from a (very slightly) earlier era. Still obsessed with her!
- Friday, June 9: Costume designer Melissa Toth stepped out in my Hathor turquoise/carnelian swivel earrings.
- Saturday, June 10: Happy Caturday!
In Wednesday’s YouTube video, I elaborated upon how Mary Queen of Scots, Queen Elizabeth I, and my jewelry-collecting friends inspired my snake ring. (Don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel so you don’t miss next week’s video.)
Speaking of videos, my friend Jennifer Heebner — a jewelry-industry expert — has launched JenniferHeebner.com, a consumer-oriented jewelry website. If you’re a jewelry designer, you can run a cool video ad on the site like I did.
Finally, over on Instagram, there’s one shot of my snake ring worn with my Ossie Clark snakeskin jacket that I haven’t posted anywhere else.
The Queen of Scots ring in action, alongside a vintage #OssieClark snakeskin jacket. This photo's kind of a double-whammy – we've got two videos live that talk about the lasting impression of Ossie, the enduring place of snakes in jewelry and fashion, and why we think you should wear all of your passions in one outfit. Check it out on YouTube! Link in bio. #jewelry #showmeyourrings #snake #? • • • #queen #yaskween #highjewelry #ootd #vintage #snakeskin #snakes #inspiration #diamond #diamonds #couture #luxury #vegas #unique #ootd #jewellery #tradeshow #luxe #victorian #eternity #vlog #cocktailring #lovegold
If you’re more of a Facebook person than Instagram or Twitter, I’m there too!