I’ve got bad news for you. Blogger Janet of Je Ne Sais Quoi (also known by her blogging identity, iheartfashion) suffered a tragic loss this week when her husband took his own life. He had been unemployed for a period of time. Janet has two children, ages 7 and 9. She needs some financial help. You can donate any amount of money to her via Paypal by clicking on the “donate now” button in the upper right corner of this blog. (UPDATED MARCH 2, 2010: I’ve removed the button but you can continue to donate via this website.)
I know everyone is tapped out from donating to Haiti-related causes, so I’m giving you the chance to donate and get something nice back. If you buy one of my Teeny Genie necklaces for $50 plus shipping and applicable taxes, I will donate $35 from every purchase to Janet. Valentine’s Day is coming up. Get an adorable necklace for you or someone you love and help Janet at the same time.
- Genies will cost $61.40 for U.S. priority shipping with delivery confirmation, excluding taxes.
- Additional taxes will be automatically charged to New York State residents.
- I will have to calculate shipping for international locations. After I receive your order, I will figure it out and send you an invoice with the total.
- The Genies will start going out Monday and I’ll let you know when yours is on the way. Please click here to read more about the timing of the shipments (scroll past the picture of me in a Lady Gaga t-shirt!).
- Click here for updates on the fundraising effort.
- I am low on Genie-size jewelry boxes and would prefer to send without to keep costs down. If you MUST have a box because this is a gift, send me a note. Otherwise, assume your Genie will be free-range. If I send you a jewelry box and use larger shipping packaging, I will be donating $30 to Janet instead of $35.
La Historiadora de Moda says
This is just heartbreaking! I bought a necklace and am spreading the word.
Thank you so much for setting up this donation method!!!!
This is so nice of you Wendy… it’s great to show support to those in need. What a tragedy for Janet’s family.. 🙁
Imogen Lamport says
There for the grace of god go I. So sorry for Janet. My husband (ex-husband?) had threatened suicide at one time and another, so I feel deeply her.
I hope it all works out for her and her kids.
Thanks Wendy for being so incredibly generous.
April Marie says
I could never imagine life without my husband.. I can’t even fathom it.. I’ll let my friends know as well.. I feel so horrible for her situation.
Maria Kuroshchepova says
I donated a little – can’t spare more right now, but every bit counts. I’ll also spread the word!