The gorgeous and outgoing Lady N has tagged me, so I’m going to list six facts about myself. I’m not going to tag anyone else because I fear everyone has been tagged a million times (I think Lady N got to all the untagged people!). But if you haven’t been tagged and feel like doing it, let me know and I’ll give you my blessing.
1. I’ve been obsessed with tapirs ever since I saw a herd of them at the Singapore Zoo. The guide said, “Don’t touch or feed the tapirs!” I don’t think people obey this rule because the tapirs were suspiciously friendly. They were practically going through people’s pockets looking for something tasty or maybe some money. “Hey, I found $5 here.” “Okay, let’s hit the vending machine.”
2. I’m a fan of a comic strip called Mutts. It’s about a kitteh (Mooch) and a cute dog (Earl) who are best friends. They like to visit a deli called “Fatty Snax.” But now that I am writing this item, I feel like I am losing the love it’s impossible to find an image that is legal to use just to illustrate my affection. I know Earl and Mooch would never personally condone that.
3. I’m really messy. Realllllllllllllllllllly messy. My husband likes to quote me as having said, “If cooking and cleaning were important, men would do it.” I have, in fact, said that, but I would be messy no matter what. Seriously, I am the kind of person who would find one dirty sock and half a tuna sandwich from last week under my pillow, then eat the tuna sandwich.
4. I love listening to show tunes. For about six months, I listened to the Patti LuPone Evita soundtrack every day at the gym for a full hour of cardio. I think it energized me to imagine myself haranguing all my adoring peasants from the balcony of the Casa Rosada. I had the good fortune to see Patti in the original production. I went to a revival in London this spring and I noticed that they changed two lines. Meanwhile, at the gym, I moved on to a combination of Gypsy and Man of La Mancha for about three months, and yesterday I switched to West Side Story. I have to stop crying when I listen to the finale because people on the other elliptical machines are giving me looks.
Getting back to Patti LuPone…I heart her so much. She was in a revival of Gypsy this summer and I dragged my husband to it. It was us, a bunch of housewives from New Jersey, and some of the most flamboyant gay men I’ve ever seen, and honeys, I’ve hung out with drag queens so that’s saying a lot. I’ve watched this clip of Patti on Will and Grace at least 20 times.
5. If you are what you eat, I’m 95% sugar and 5% Champagne.
Well, I’m sort of breathless after reading that last one, but also not the least bit surprised that you’re going on with your business, after having read your blog these last few weeks, as well as looked at your photos. You ooze creativity, drive, and I’ve-got-it-together-so-there. And I mean ooze in the nicest way, ever. (Does ooze look weird to you? For some reason I wanted to put three o’s instead of just two, but I checked with Merriam-Webster online.)
Thanks for stopping by and thinking about my ice cubes.
Bobble Bee says
Tapirs!!!! they’re so damn cute, i completely forgot about this animal!!! Thanks for bringing it back to my memory ^_^
dude, i totally hear you on the epic messiness lifestyle. i feel it’s totally necessary to let your house be a pigsty in order to keep your professional life immaculate. trying to keep both in the air at once is just asking for panic attacks!
Haha, I am totally feeling you.
1. My mother says that she always knows where I’ve been in the house because I leave a trail of mess and my boyfriends asks me “How can you live with yourself. It’s a disgrace.” Neatness is overrated I say.
2. Sugar is one of top food groups. I’ve been known to eat cookies for breakfast and cake for lunch. Oo naughty
I only have admiration for you… Oh, and envy!!
i’m glad you went on with your business. you are a one tough cookie but point no 3? ewwWWww 😀
Vintage Bunny says
That last bit was awful.I can just imagine how hectic life must have been trying to find orders that were placed etc.You have done a great job with your jewelry
I love Evita too.Its my absolute favorite soundtrack of all time.I am in bliss when I listen to “Dont die for ,Argentina”!!!
The Clothes Horse says
Wow, that’s so traumatic about the jewelry line.
I am definitely 95% sugar as well. I think I was born with an entire mouth of sweet teeth.
wow, how brave of you to re-start everything after what I’m sure was a huge punch in the stomach! And I am totally with you on the sugary diet. I’m sure there are more of us out there, but too embarrassed to admit it 🙂
I’m so thrilled to find other people who primarily exist on cookies and cakes!
Valley Girl says
Don’t get me started on the Evita soundtrack. Loves it!
I’m sorry about the jewelry thing, wow, how terrible… and, tapirs are totally underrated
Linda and her Surroundings says
Oh, the last one – what a big secret that was! Well done getting on top of that hiccup. I love tapirs as their nose looks like it needs touching or something, soft and sniffy. It aint mess – it is creative neglect, don’t forget that one. I am untidy because I am lazy!
I’ll be stealing your quote about cooking and cleaning. LOL! I do ok with the cleaning, but the cooking is not my thing.
on Brit’s new album, I’d pick “Radar,” “Break the Ice,” and “Get Naked (I Got a Plan)”. And “Why Should I Be Sad” is about Kevin and actually quite sad!
Totally agree with #6 and I’ve never even heard of tapirs. (Is that terrible?) They look like haute ant eaters…
It sounds like you might have loved coming to visit the house I grew up in. We had half eaten sandwiches and lots of stuff everywhere around the house. I was used to it then but now I go ahead and eat the whole sandwich so I won’t find any lurking anywhere.
Fashion Fleur says
ROTFLMAO @ Annie.
i would never have pictured you for the messy type, you always looks so well groomed, im guessing the buisness partner you were working with wasnt a very nice person or perhaps just a cunning one?
In Yr Fshn says
Good morning, Wendy! I don’t drink much, so I am 95% sugar, 3% water and 2% bananas. I may have mentioned this before, but I have the exact same diet as a cockroach. That used to bother me, but now it’s a comfort; look how long they’ve been around!
Also, I feel as though being 95% sugar is a matter of pride as my whole life my mom has worked in a dentist office. It take cojones to keep eating candy when the ENTIRE office lectures you on cavities.
It’s so interesting getting to know you a little more.
What an odd episode with your business partner…
I can relate to the sugar part too, but not with the ‘messy’ one… I’m kind of ‘Monica’ from the Friends TV series, so I guess you could drive me crazy! LOL 🙂
It’s always nice to find out a little more about the people behind the blogs. Your diet sounds fun!
A tapir pissed on me once….
wow, wendy. that is crazy about your business partner. i’m sorry that happened, but you have such a wonderful product and an eye for the dramatic, so i know your business will be a smashing success!
btw, when i got to work, i noticed that i was missing and earring! oh no! i’m really really hoping it just fell out somewhere along the way and i’ll find it at home. i have worn them nonstop since i got them!
Dustcake, please explain how that came about. I assume you wouldn’t turn over your Cheetos to a hungry tapir?
@ Shell: Oh no!!! I’m sorry about the earring! I hope you find it! Let me know.
Lady N says
Wow! I was totally shocked like everyone else about your 6th fact – I can’t believe that! Good for you for continuing your jewelry company.
The Narcist says
mmm cherry danish (in homer simpson voice) nice to know more about ya. i’ve also learned something new b/c i’ve never heard of a tapir
Wendy, it really was a rather unfortunate event. I was visiting the zoo with my family, at age four or five I reckon. Well, we got to the tapirs and I was so impressed a clasped the railings of the enclosure and stood-fixated-right in front of one of them.
Then it decided to relive itself. I never once questioned why I didn’t run…
^^^That tapir was clearly angry that you didn’t buy him anything from the vending machine.
I must say, that is a truly unusual experience.
I lived for 3 weeks on cookies in India..
Messy as the day is long
Show tunes -those I can live without as well as biz partners.
Still Messy joins us at the hip!
keep truckin’ Gurl